December 26, 2012
6 Simple Art Marketing Tips
- Send out 5 post cards a week to designers, clients, galleries, anyone you want to know about your art. If you make a commitment to send out a few each week, it won’t be an overwhelming job and it doesn’t cost a tremendous amount of money.
- USE your mailing list. I know that I’m guilty of letting time pass between emails. As artists we constantly need to get our name in front of those interested in our art.
- Write thank you notes to all those that buy your art and ask for referrals. Also write notes to galleries and shows that sell your paintings.
- Network wherever and whenever you can. Go to places and events that your clients would go to. Give demos, volunteer. What can you do to get noticed?
- Send press releases out whenever you have shows, news, etc to share. Make an email list, send the press release out with a click. Just be sure to use the bcc.
- Donate to charities that will use your name in their promotional materials. Put you best foot forward. Don’t give them an old painting just because it has been around for a long time. Consider making giclees of your best paintings. The idea is to get people interested in your work and that would be your best work.